Temporary Special Support Assistant
Hours: 30.50 per week
Contract: Temporary, term time only
Salary: WSCC Grade 6
Fordwater is a special school for children age 2-19 years with a range of special educational and complex learning needs including PMLD, SLD, and ASC.
We are looking for a Special Support Assistant who:
• is caring and understanding of children’s needs
• has high expectations of children’s behaviour and attainment
• is very well organised & efficient
• is able to work as part of a team
• has experience of directly working with children with SEN
• has at least NVQ level 3 or equivalent
We can offer you:
• A happy, positive, vibrant working environment
• An inclusive school with a wide and diverse community
• Talented, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement
Fordwater is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will require a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and two references, including one from their most recent employer.
Job description, person specification,shortlisted candidate information form and application forms are available at the bottom of this web page.
Closing date: Monday 4th July 2022 at 12 noon
Interviews: Thursday 7th July 2022
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form and shortlisted candidate information form below and email this to returning them to Aneka Bottomley, Office Manager at the email address below:
Unfortunately we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually. We would therefore like to thank you for your application and interest in Fordwater School.
Fordwater School is committed to safe recruiting, all posts are subject to a D.B.S. check.