School Ethos and Values
Fordwater School provides an inclusive, challenging and caring environment for pupils with complex needs. The school has a palpable atmosphere of positive enthusiasm and warmth. Success is celebrated at every small step and pupils, staff and parents are valued, listened to and engaged with. A dedicated and specialist staff team work hard to create an environment where every child feels valued and supported.
The relationships between staff and children are very positive and supportive. The environment is both caring and stimulating and there is an atmosphere and a tangible ethos of striving for everyone to do their best. Inclusion Quality Mark
To provide a safe, exciting and challenging learning environment where everyone can flourish.
We believe that all pupils are entitled to:-
- high quality teaching and learning experiences
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum differentiated to their needs
- a learning environment which respects the individual, is sympathetic to their needs as learners and is secure, happy and stimulating
We are committed to and will endeavour to:-
- provide high quality education in an appropriate secure, happy and stimulating environment, which is broad, balanced and relevant to their needs.
- value and develop pupils’ strengths and skills
- raise pupils’ self esteem and personal autonomy in order that they may become valued members of their current and future communities
- promote inclusivity by developing positive community relationships
- develop and maintain partnership with parents
- develop, fulfil and monitor individual potential
Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEN&D) Offer:
We believe every pupil is unique and special and deserves the best educational opportunities. We facilitate this by providing a safe, exciting and challenging learning environment created by a specialist, hardworking and dedicated staff team. The Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan outlines the particular needs of your child and recommends the resources, teaching programmes and multi-agency involvement related to meeting these needs.